Let Navigant Credit Union assist you with card payments while you are on the road. Whether you are planning your summer vacation or traveling during the year, being prepared is an essential part of your journey.
PLEASE CONTACT US AT 401-233-4700 (at least 24 hours before you leave)
Confirm your travel and card information with the following details:
Travelers names, depart/return dates, where you're traveling to, and the best contact phone number to reach you while you are traveling.
We take the security of our cardholders very seriously and employ sophisticated systems to identify potentially fraudulent transactions on your ATM or debit card. Due to fraud restrictions for certain countries, let us know when and where you will be traveling in order to avoid declined transactions or fraud alert calls for out-of-the-ordinary transactions. This is VERY important for international travelers.
In addition, please note:
- There are standard daily transaction limits for cash withdrawals and purchases.
- Monitor your account online and report any unauthorized activity immediately.
- If this card is used at restaurants or other service oriented businesses, they may preauthorize an additional 20% on top of the purchase to ensure there are sufficient funds available to cover a tip.
- Some merchants’ card processors may be located in blocked countries.
- Check your available balances before you leave. Be sure to deposit or transfer an appropriate amount of money into the account used for debit card transactions.
- Debit card purchases are restricted to PIN-based transactions in some foreign countries. We can inform you whether your travel plans may be affected by this restriction.
- If your Debit card is lost or stolen while traveling, immediately call 401-233-4700.
- Verify the number you can be reached at while traveling by calling 401-233-4700.
- Navigant Credit Union offers a VISA® reloadable prepaid Debit card as another payment option. These cards are available at all branch locations, and the initial deposit is loaded at the time of purchase. They can be used more than once, and additional funds can be added to the card as needed.
- Don't forget to take pictures of the front and back of each card you carry. This will allow you to access the customer service information on the back as well as the account information on the front if you need to report it lost or stolen.
We always recommend carrying at least two (2) payment products in addition to cash. Navigant Credit Union offers a full line of credit cards. Please visit any branch location for more information.
Enjoy your journey!